Learn a new language with this interactive database that provides step by step lesson plans for 72 different languages. Mango utilizes its proprietary methodology, engaging interface, and easy, intuitive interactive tools to deliver practical conversational skills and valuable cultural insight for new languages.
To Register for the First Time with a New Account:
1. Go To https://connect.mangolanguages.com/usmma/start
2. Click "Sign Up"
3. Type in your USMMA email address
4. Check your email for the authorization email from Mango
5. Confirm your account and set your password
Once the above steps are complete, you should be able to log into the mobile app or go directly to www.mangolanguages.com and log in.
If you already Registered a Mango profile using a "usmma.edu" email address, the steps are slightly different:
1. Log in to Mango Languages on an internet browser (https://learn.mangolanguages.com/login)
2. On the Subscribe to Mango page, select the "Search" button in the "Find Free Mango" box
3. Search for, and select "U. S. Merchant Marine Academy"
4. Click "Connect"
If you previously studied with a different organization in the past and want to keep your progress from before, first change the email associated with your profile to be your "usmma.edu" email on this page:
After saving the change, select "Resend Email" to request an email confirmation. Once the email is confirmed, you can proceed with the same steps I listed above to start using Mango through the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy's access.
Print Course Packs: No
New / Trial Databases
The following databases are newly acquired or being evaluated for a future subscription.
HeinOnline Academic includes more than 100 million pages of multidisciplinary content in more than 100 subject areas, including history, political science, criminal justice, religious studies, international relations, women’s studies, pre-law, and many more. With more historical content than any other database, HeinOnline provides access to 300+ years of information on political development and the complete history of the creation of government and legal systems around the world.